Monday, 11 April 2011

Cel Animation Workshop

We had to work in pairs to produce a short (very short) animation using cel drawings. We had to think of a story and two characters, then draw it out in 36 frames.


^Start^



^Middle^


^End^

Once all the drawings were finished, we scanned them in and linked them together in Adobe After Effects to make them into a complete movie. I really enjoyed producing this movie, and I didn't think I would have, simply because it is so time consuming, but I thought the result looked more impressive than I expected. We had to make part of our animation slow down as we over anticipated some of the movements, but this could be rectified in After Effects, which was good.

I think I will choose to use cel animation for my final piece, as it was an enjoyable process and the result lends itself to the happy nature of my themes.

video















No comments:

Post a Comment